- In this topology each node or station is connected to every other station.
- Two nodes are connected by dedicated point-point links between them. So the total number of links to connect n nodes = n(n-1)/2; which is proportional to n2.
- Media used for the connection (links) can be twisted pair, co-axial cable or optical fiber
The key characteristics of this topology are as follows:
- Fully connected
- Highly reliable
- Not flexible
- Poor expandability
- Provides redundant paths between devices
- The network can be expanded without disruption to current uses
- Complicated implementation
- Requires more cable than the other LAN topologies