1. The Front End is the stuff that you see and interact with: HTML, CSS , and JS.
2. The Back End is everything else: so many choices!
3. Restaurant Analogy: The back end is everything that happens in the kitchen; the front end is what is plated and sent to your table.
- Hyper Text Markup Language
- Defines the structure of a webpage
- Example: "put an image here" , "put a form here"
- HTML is known as the "nouns" of a webpage
- Cascading Style Sheets
- Defines the style of HTML
- Example: "make all text purple" , "give the first image a yellow border"
- CSS is known as the "adjectives" of a webpage
- Adds logic and interactivity to a page
- Example: "Do some math" , "Change color when the user clicks" and "Load new data from twitter"