Operating System 2020 Examination
CS: Computer Science & Information Technology
Duration: 90 minutes
Maximum Marks: 45
Read the following instructions carefully.
- This quiz contains questions on the topic Process Management,Process Synchronisation,Deadlock,Memory management,Virtual memory,File systems
- The subject specific GATE paper section consists of 30 questions, out of which question numbers 1 to 15 are of 1 mark each, while question numbers 16 to 30 are of 2-mark each.
- The computer allotted to you at the examination center runs specialized software that permits only one answer to be selected for multiple-choice questions using a mouse and to enter a suitable number for the numerical answer type questions using the virtual keyboard and mouse.
- Your answers shall be updated and saved on a server periodically and also at the end of the examination. The examination will stop automatically at the end of 90 minutes.
- In each paper a candidate can answer a total of 30 questions carrying 45 marks.
- The question paper may consist of questions of multiple choice type (MCQ) and numerical answer type.
- Multiple choice type questions will have four choices against A, B, C, D, out of which only ONE is thecorrect answer. The candidate has to choose the correct answer by clicking on the bubble (⃝) placed before the choice.
- For numerical answer type questions, each question will have a numerical answer and there will not be any choices. For these questions, the answer should be enteredby using the virtual keyboard that appears on the monitor and the mouse.
- All questions that are not attempted will result in zero marks. However, wrong answers for multiple choice type questions (MCQ) will result in NEGATIVE marks. For all MCQ questions a wrong answer will result in deduction of1⁄3 marks for a 1-mark question and 2⁄3 marks for a 2-mark question.
- There is NO NEGATIVE MARKING for questions of NUMERICAL ANSWER TYPE.
- Non-programmable type Calculator is allowed. Charts, graph sheets, and mathematical tables are NOT allowed in the Examination Hall. You must use the Scribble pad provided to you at the examination centre for all your rough work. The Scribble Pad has to be returned at the end of the examination.
Declaration by the candidate:
“I have read and understood all the above instructions. I have also read and understood clearly the
instructions given on the admit card and shall follow the same. I also understand that in case I am found to
violate any of these instructions, my candidature is liable to be cancelled. I also confirm that at the start of
the examination all the computer hardware allotted to me are in proper working condition”.